High School Applicants Conditional Admission

Students enrolled in grade 12 in a Canadian secondary school, and working towards graduation requirements, can apply early, from September 15 to May 15,for conditional admission.

High school applicants eligible for conditional admission will be placed on the program list at the time of application – the admission requirementsfor the program must still be met but at a later date.

Not all programs are eligible for this status; check with Admissions for information on specific programs.

Special admission FAQs

How do I apply?

Submit your application through

When do I apply?

As a current grade 12 high school student, you can apply from September 15 until May 15of your grade 12 year.

How do I meet academic admission requirements?

BC/Yukon high school students should submit official transcripts electronically to Ƶapp through the BC ; transcripts should be authorized for updates for a full year from the date of submission.

High school students from outside BC/Yukon will need to submit official preliminary and final transcripts by having their high school/Board of Education/ Ministry of Education send these directly to admissions@camosun.ca. Contact your high school counsellor for assistance.

When should I submit official transcripts?

To meet eligibility for conditional admission, official transcripts are due by May 15 and will be reviewed to determine if students meet academic program admission requirements with either final grades or course enrolment.

Final official transcripts are due by July 28 and will be reviewed again to ensure final grades meet academic program admission requirements.

How do I meet non-academic admission requirements?

Proof of non-academic requirements such as attendance at an information session, work/volunteer experience, or a keyboarding assessment must be submitted to Admissions June 30 (but you can do this sooner!).

How will I know the status of my application?

Students are notified by email about their application status and their program availability once their application is processed. Offers of Admission are sent by email when seats are available.

For most limited enrolment programs starting in September, offers of admission will begin in February of each year and will continue until the program is considered full.

For most open enrolment programs starting in September, offers of admission will begin in April.

What is the difference between a limited enrolment program and an open enrolment program?

A limited enrolment program has a defined limit on the number of students accepted to the program. When there are more qualified applicants than seats, a waitlist is typically created. Currently, limited enrolment programs only offer conditional admission for BC/Yukon high school applicants.

An open enrolment program has no defined limit on the number of students accepted into the program. These programs offer conditional admission for all Canadian high school applicants.

See the Program Availability page to determine which programs are limited or open enrolment.

How do I know if I will get a seat in a limited enrolment program?

Check the Program Availability page to see the program availability status – open, waitlisting, waitlisting high demand, or closed.

A waitlisting program is still accepting applications, however successful applicants will be placed on a waitlist. Offers of Admission will be issued as space becomes available in the program. Applicants who do not receive an offer will be required to reapply for a future intake.

How do I accept an Offer of Admission?

To accept their Offer of Admission, students will need to pay a non-refundable registration deposit by the deadline provided. After accepting an offer, students should familiarize themselves with important dates and fee deadlines. Course registration information will typically be communicated in June for programs starting in September.

See more info on the After You Apply page.

What happens if I don’t meet admission requirements after I have already accepted a seat offer?

If you accept a seat offer and pay the non-refundable deposit but do not meet the program admission requirements, your seat offer will be withdrawn, and we will retain the non-refundable deposit. You will be sent an email notification, and we will recommend other options for you.

What if I want to change the program I have applied to?

Contact Admissions at any time to discuss your program options.

What if I want to delay starting my studies?

If after accepting an offer you decide it is not the right time to start school, you may submit an online . Deferrals may not be available for all programs and deadlines apply.

What if I am no longer interested and would like to withdraw my application?

If you are no longer interested in the program you have applied to, you should notifyAdmissions.

Are Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) courses eligible for transfer credit?

If you want your AP or IB courses evaluated for possible post-secondary transfer credit, you need to submit an official AP or IB transcript andrequest transfer credit. Ask your high school counsellor how to get your AP or IB transcript.