Graduation and Credentials

After you apply to graduate and successfully complete the requirements for your program, Student Records will award your credential, and issue your well-earned parchment.

Graduation Application

To receive official proof of successfully completing your program, you must apply to graduate while in your last and final term of studies. By applying to graduate, you ensure that:

  • The credential will appear on your official transcript.
  • A parchment (certificate/diploma) will be sent to you by mail.
  • You will be invited to attend your Convocation Ceremony in June.
If you are in your final termApplication OpensApplication ClosesConvocation Date

2024 Summer Term
(May 1 – Aug 31, 2024)

July 15

August 31

June 2025

2024 Fall Term
(Sep 1 – Dec 31, 2024)

November 15

December 31

June 2025

(Jan1 – Apr31, 2025)

March 15

April 30

June 2025

How to submit your Graduation Application

  1. Log in to when the graduation application period opens.
  2. Select Graduation Overview.
  3. Select Apply to your program of study.
  4. Complete Application Details (required fields).
  5. Complete Parchment Mailing Details.
  6. Before you submit your application, please ensure all information is completed and correct.
  7. Select Submit.
  8. You will receive an email confirmation to your address on file and the application status in your Graduation Overview, will show ‘Application submitted on YYYY/MM/DD’.

Have questions? See FAQ.

Am I eligible to submit my graduation application?

You are eligible to apply to graduate if:

  • You are in the final term of your program, including any internship or co-op work term(s)*.
  • Your program appears in myƵapp under Student Planning/My Program.
  • You meet the required Institution or program GPA for your program and minimum grade requirements. View My Program in myƵapp.

*See important internship and co-op information on the FAQ.

You are not eligible to apply to graduate if you are enrolled in any of the following non-credential programs:

  • Apprenticeship Programs
  • Baccalaureate of Science - Nursing
  • College Prep
  • Early Childhood Educators Work-Integrated Learning
  • International Education Studies
  • Open or Undeclared program
  • Undeclared Major/Specialization (e.g. Business Administration - Undeclared (Degree))
  • University Transfer

Have questions? See FAQ.

When will I be awarded my credential and receive my parchment?

Credentialing is completed within 6 weeks after each Graduation Application deadline. The Graduation Application will no longer be visible on the Graduation Overview page once you are credentialed. Your credential will be visible on your unofficial transcript in myƵapp.

Parchments are mailed via Canada Post within 12 weeks of each Graduation Application deadline. They are mailed to the ‘Ship to…’ address submitted in the Graduation Application. Parchments will not be produced if fees or fines are owed to the college.

Important: If you require a change of address for your parchment and it’s after the Graduation Application deadline, emailcredentials@camosun.ca. Changing your address in your student profile willnotupdate the mailing address of your parchment.

Have questions? See FAQ.

How do I get invited to attend my Convocation Ceremony?

Graduates from the preceding Summer, Fall and Winter terms, receive an invite by the end of May for their Convocation Ceremony in June.

Official transcript

official transcriptis the official and legal proof of your academic record. If you were awarded a credential, use your transcript as official proof of completion. A transcript must beordered;it’snot automatically provided upon credentialing.

Letter of Completion

A Letter of Completion may be used, by domestic students only, as proof of program completion prior to being credentialed. Domestic students may emailcredentials@camosun.ca to request a Letter of Completion if:

  1. All final grades are posted on myƵapp.
  2. All program requirements are complete.
  3. Graduation Application has been submitted.

Please include your name, student ID number, and program along with your request for a Letter of Completion.

If you have already been credentialed, please order an official transcript.

An International Letter of Completion may be used, by international students only, who require proof of program completion for purposes such as Post-Graduation Work Permits (PGWP), etc. International students may fill out a form. There is no need to wait for a parchment to apply for a PGWP.

For more information, please contact international_advisors@camosun.ca.

Replacement Parchments

Information on how to request a replacement parchment.

Alumni Status

As Ƶapp alumnus, there are many services available to you through theAlumni Association.

BC Adult Graduation Diploma

Information on how to apply to graduate from the BC Adult Graduation Diploma (BCAGD).

Contact information

Graduation and Credentials